The two-day Workshop for BioNET members and SEE Media representatives, held in period 02 – 04.12.2019 in Budva, Montenegro, was aimed at enabling exchange between the BioNET members and national and regional media on each other’s work and fostering cooperation. Participants were engaged in sharing, learning and applying insights for establishment of first contact, direct exchange and discussion on crucial topics for both sides, and laying foundation for future cooperation for the mutual benefit.
The following conclusions of workshops were drawn and agreed amongst the BioNET and SEE media representatives:
1. To continue communication between participants in the future (via group /mailing list)
2. To create a platform for information exchange
3. BioNET to make its own wider contact list with media contacts in all seven countries
4. BioNET to increase PR/media/outreach activities
5. Media to share information within their respective countries’ media network
6. BioNET to implement suggested principles when contacting media in future
7. BioNET to become trustful and lasting source of information for journalists in all seven countries
After the implementation of the above-mentioned workshop, regular network meeting was held aiming to discuss past and plan future activities of the BioNET network. Furthermore, BioNET members started used this meeting to start with the strategic planning process aiming to create its Strategic Plan for next 5 years.